VARIOUS TYPES OF FLOORING MATERIALS
The floors of a property are the first surfaces to exhibit wear and tear. It is important to invest in flooring, which will keep pace with your daily life.
There are thousands of flooring options to choose from, which may seem overwhelming. But it is essential to choose the right kind of flooring which suits your property and is long lasting.
Wrong flooring may end up costing you unnecessary expenditure of replacing in the future. So it is advised to choose the correct type of flooring materials for better outcomes. There are many options of flooring to choose from, let us have a look at some:
1) Tiles flooring: This type of flooring is the most popular and common one. Tiles are often available in various kinds of colors, textures, and patterns.
Tile flooring usually fits into varieties of needs. Also, there are many types of tile flooring:
a) Ceramic tiles flooring
b) Vitrified tiles flooring
c) Porcelain tiles flooring
2) Stone flooring: Stone flooring is the most beautiful type of flooring. It is natural and stylish that stands out in contrast to any synthetic or manufactured stone products.
All types of stones have different properties and come in various types such as granite, marble, limestone, slate, travertine, sandstone, etc.
This type of flooring is naturally cool, and it’s hard surface is ideal for a warm climate.
3) Wooden flooring: Wooden flooring is the ancient type of flooring; however, it has never been outdated. If taken care of and maintained this wooden flooring properly, it can last a long time.
It is used explicitly in hilly areas and in damp places.
Also, wood is a common choice as a flooring material and comes in various styles, colors, cuts, and species. There are different types of wooden flooring which are usually used:
a) Solid wood flooring
b) Engineered wood flooring
c) Laminate wood flooring
4) PVC or Vinyl flooring: PVC flooring is also known as vinyl flooring. The flooring material of this type is designed to have a top smooth surface and rough lower surface.
This type of flooring is cost-effective, can be easily installed and it is waterproof and durable. Also, it is naturally resistant to dents and scratches.
5) Concrete flooring: It is the most common type of flooring used for buildings because it is extremely strong and can withstand pressure.
Concrete flooring has the strongest base and can stand the weight of heavy equipment such as cars, trucks, etc.
6) Mosaic tiles flooring: These tiles are created by putting together tiny pieces of glass, tiles, or natural stones. They add a decorative element to your property and make it look attractive.
You can use them in the kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom floors.
7) Glass flooring: This type of flooring is not so common, but this flooring can be used to have a smooth and pleasing surface. Also, it is bacteria and dirt resistant in general.
Glass flooring can be utilized in aristocratic buildings, both residential and public. This flooring particularly has a sleek finish and gives an appealing look to the property.