The Olympic Games program consists of 26 sports, 30 disciplines Net Maddy and nearly 300 events. It is a global event with monumental interest and cultural significance in our world. As such, I would like to formally submit Online Dating/Dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration of inclusion as an Olympic sport for the 2012
The Olympic Games program consists of 26 sports, 30 disciplines Net Maddy and nearly 300 events. It is a global event with monumental interest and cultural significance in our world. As such, I would like to formally submit Online Dating/Dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration of inclusion as an Olympic sport for the 2012 or 2016 games.
Think this is just another boneheaded idea from your friends in the online dating world? Consider this:
Olympic sports are governed by International Sports Federations (IFs) who are in turn recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the global supervisors of their respective sports. In layman terms, that means the big dog IOC lets the little dog IFs manage everything on a local level. Well, such a little dog already exists in the online dating world in the form of reputable online dating websites. That is right, there are some reputable dating websites that are good enough to be called established “Federations.” These websites can be the global governing body of online dating! That was the first step. Now to convince the IOC that online dating is a sport.
In terms of Olympic competition, think about it we could classify the online dating world into men, and women, then break it down further into specific weight classes, or even personality types within those weight classes. These men and women would then compete with one another physically (through flirting), intellectually (through questioning) and visually (physical appearance). It is the perfect blend of a sport. The winning Gold medalist will have to spend years in the gym training to be physically sound, spend years in school or the library “learning” to become smart, and behind all the muscles and misogynistic intellect, still be graceful in delivery and presence. The winner of the online dating would be perfect athlete, the Opus Olympian.
Not convinced it would work? Maybe your mind will change after reading this:
In October 2004, the IOC established an Olympic Programme Commission who’s job was to review all existing sports, and other non-recognised Olympic sports. In this review the goal was to apply a systematic and category approach to each sport and evaluate whether or not it met the criteria for inclusion in the Olympic games as a recognised Olympic sport. This Commission came up with seven criteria to judge whether a sport should be included or not.
1) History and tradition of the Sport
3) Popularity of the sport
5) Athletes’ health
6) Development of the International Federation that governs the sport
7) Costs associated of hosting/playing the sport
The above seven criteria my friends is what a sport or discipline has to meet in order to be considered for inclusion at the Olympic Games. Period.
Does Online dating meet these 7 criteria? Lets find out:
1) History and Tradition – Check! Dating is the oldest tradition on the planet that was around before any of today’s current Olympic sports.
2) Universality – Check! I’m pretty sure dating and the sport of interpersonal communication and sparing has universal appeal. I mean, we do it every day!
3) Popularity of the sport – Check! I’d say Dating was pretty popular. Wouldn’t you? Everybody does it. Even animals. I don’t see penguins playing Soccer or Baseball, but I do see them date.
4) Image – Check! Dating is all about attraction and reflecting a positive and beautiful self image. Those who partake in the sport of dating exude the highest standard of image compared to any sport image or sport athlete! Who likes to date an unbathed, rude, and dirty human being? Puhleeze.
5) Athletes Health – Check! Dating athletes date, and date often. As such, they take their own personal health very seriously. Education about Sexually Transmitted Disease start at a young age, and practicing safe sex to maintain good sexual health is part of the every day routine for those who date.
6) Development for International Federation that governs the sport: Check! The International Federation for Online Dating, a reputable dating website, would very much benefit from online dating being included in the Olympic games.
7) Low cost of holding the sport: Check! How much does it cost to look at the person next to you and start a conversation?
In conclusion, Online Dating meets all the criteria for inclusion as an Olympic sport, in many ways better than existing Olympic sports. Consider Curling – Who is that helping? How about Fencing? Serious people… how on earth is swatting somebody with a piece of wire going to benefit people or project a good self image? Give me a break.
So without further adieu, I would like to formally submit online dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration and recognition as a recognised Olympic Sport in the year 2012 or 2016…or even 2020. I’m not picky.
Thank you very much.
My candidate for the International Federation of Online Dating: http://www.DateCover.com.
Born from Cupid and infused by Aphrodite, DateCover.com signifies the start of an online dating revolution. Based in Dallas, TX, DateCover.com prides itself as cutting edge website with functionality and content never seen before in the online dating world. The primary objective of DateCover.com is to help people find their perfect match the right way, with real people, through using innovative tools proprietary to the website. DateCover does not charge membership fees, they do not limit user access and will never require users to pay for these things in the future. The business model of DateCover.com is Free to join and Free to use, forever.
READ MORE :
- Deepen Voice Instantly – 6 Tips to Deepen Your Voice and Attract More Beautiful Ladies Naturally
- Who’s Financing Inventory and Using Purchase Order Finance (P O Finance)? Your Competitors!
- Five SEO Tips: You Should Know
- 5 Main Differences Between Web Apps and Native Apps
- Should I Hire A Property Manager or Self Manage My Vacation Rental Property?