8 Fitness Gadgets For The New Year
2016 is right around the corner. The beginning of the year is always the time to get re-motivated into fitness or push your fitness level to the limit. Whether you’re picking up a gadget for someone else or yourself, our list of 8 is diverse. Fitness enthusiasts and beginner exercisers can easily use these items at home or the gym. From small and simple to more complex, it’s on our list.
1. TRX – The TRX suspension trainer is a fabulous way to take bodyweight training to the next level. You don’t need a home gym to enjoy a total home fitness program. This system provides everything you need to build strength, increase your flexibility, spot-train, and fit in a comprehensive, healthy workout anytime you want, anywhere you want. The TRX beginner suspension system starts at around $185.
2. Medicine Ball – Medicine balls are a fantastic way to get in a dynamic strength workout anywhere. You can take them to a park, at your house or gym. They come in varied weights and sizes. We like the soft medicine balls because you can avoid bouncing (and possibly pouncing into a face or something expensive such as furniture, etc.) and have more control over where the ball might go. Medicine balls usually run anywhere from $10 – $30 depending on the weight and brand Graet Report.
3. Foam Roller – If you work out, chances are you are tight occasionally. Self-myofascial release can help significantly with the aches and pains of tight muscles. Foam rolling is a great way to increase blood flow and flexibility, limiting soreness and tightness. Foam rollers vary in size and density. We suggest starting with a 3 ft foam roller with good density. They range from $20 – $50 depending on the size and quality.
4. FitBit – Ready to track your heart rate, distance, floors climbed, activity, sleep, and more? The FitBit gives you a wealth of knowledge about your daily movement. Track your steps, how much deep sleep you’re getting, and calories burned during workouts and throughout the day. This is the perfect gift for gadget geeks and those needing a way to track all their fitness information. FitBits can easily be obtained at your local sports store or online. They range from $99 and up, depending on the model and how much data it tracks for you.
5. Jute Yoga Mat – Whether you’re an eco-friendly fitness freak or a yogi who loves eco mats, this is a great mat to add to your floor moves. Jute is a natural fiber plant grown primarily in India, Bangladesh, and China. This mat also features a non-slip backing of PER material that contains no formaldehyde or heavy metals and is static-free and resistant to mildew. We love the Jute Yoga mat from Hugger Mugger, which runs approximately $40
6. Polar Heart Rate Monitor – Heart rate training can take your training to a new level. Ensuring you are in the correct training zone will help you train smarter – not harder. Track and monitor calorie fat, burn percentage, and heart rate. From simple to complex, many different Polar Heart Rate models exist. If you’re a beginner, we suggest starting with one of their base models, which would cost around $100, depending on the exact model.
7. Resistance Band Kit – Strength training has never been easier. Resistance bands are the perfect way to get in your resistance training without using heavy weights. In addition, you can store them easily and travel with them as they don’t weigh much. A workout on the go has never been easier! Resistance bands come in different strengths, allowing you to get as much or as little resistance as you’d like. This kit comes with varying resistance bands, making switching back and forth easy. Pick one up for around $50. Price varies depending on the kit brand and items included.
8. Stretch Strap – Get stretched and loosen tight muscles and joints. This stretch strap allows you to stall muscle groups, and with convenient loops, you can test fast body parts without getting into awkward positions. Allows you to benefit from PNF trying without a partner. Stretch straps can be picked up at a local sporting goods store or ordered online. They are pretty inexpensive, beginning around $20.
Margot Rutigliano is a freelance writer and the owner of Vita Vie Retreat. She has been a fitness trainer, wellness coach, and healthy living adviser since 1999. Vita Vie Retreat is a boot camp vacation offering hnutritionallifestyle transformation programs for men and women of all ages and fitness levels.
READ ALSO :
- SEO Tips That Will Stand The Test Of Time
- The Future of Android Phones
- Health Care Reform – Busting The 3 Biggest Myths Of ObamaCare
- Alternative Sources of Business Growth Finance: There Is More Than One Way to Fund Growth
- The 5 Things You Should Do For App Development Success